The Piping Designer Entry Level is to assist in the production of design documents for Piping Design Department and reports directly to the Senior or Lead Piping Designer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of Piping design documents in accordance with the project specifications and within project schedule.
- Effectively apply procedures and company standards
- Produce quality design documents
- Proactively participate in team meetings
- Communicate relevant project information to superiors
- Develop through continuing education and training a thorough understanding in the areas of Piping Design including:
- Knowledge of Piping Design with specific emphasis on Process Plant Layout
- Ability to assist in the production of:
- Specialty Item List
- Tie-in List
- Line Designation Table
- 3D Equipment Modeling
- 3D Piping Design
- Piping Plans
- Steam Tracing Package
- Demolition Package
- Pipe Support Package
- Basic knowledge of 3D Model Software (e.g. AutoCAD Plant, or CadWORX)
- Assist in conducting field audits and investigations of customer facilities and manufacturing plants
- Develop a thorough understanding of company’s capabilities
- Perform daily activities with integrity and professionally
- Assist coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Comply with standard policies and procedures
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Associates Degree or Related Technical Training in Piping/Mechanical Design for the Manufacturing, Oil, or Gas industries.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Occasional travel to client offices and construction sites will be required
- Piping Designer’s may travel from 10-20% of the year. Scope and duration of travel varies depending on the phase and needs of any given project (e.g. sales, front end design, installation, commissioning, and start-up).