Are you ready to put your skills to work at one of Birmingham’s fastest-growing, most innovative companies?
We are transforming the way our clients provide service all over the globe through our innovative virtual expertise software. We are looking to add an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual to our Marketing team who will work diligently to support our aggressive growth goals.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for engaging with inbound leads while also reaching out to targeted companies to identify and qualify potential buyers for interest and to understand the specific needs of the prospect or their organization. Once interest and needs are established, buyers are introduced to our sales executives for a phone call or a web-based demonstration of our software.
You will learn about the value our software delivers and will be able to understand and present our value proposition to potential clients within all assigned markets. We will provide you with training on our software, written scripts to use in your phone calls and in emails as well as give you access to all the modern technology tools you’ll need to succeed. Along with an inbound lead flow and other warm lead sources, you will have clearly defined targets and realistic, achievable goals. You will be paid a competitive base salary combined with strong earning potential through our incentive program.
Your job responsibilities will be to:
The perfect candidate possesses/will be:
- Work diligently to create marketing qualified leads (MQL) via a variety of inbound and outbound sources
- Work independently to contact potential pre-qualified prospects within vertical markets
- Make calls and send emails at a rate necessary to meet or exceed your MQL creation goals
- Contact all prospects assigned to you through a combination of telephone calls and email along with use of social media and other helpful data sources
- Capture all communications in Salesforce and follow all other best practices defined as part of the company’s sales funnel and process
- Where possible, transfer warm leads via phone to sales account executives
- Discover new pre-qualified leads and add them to Salesforce
- B.S./B.A. degree preferred
- 1-2 years of business development or related work experience preferred (experience obtained through an internship is acceptable)
- Ideal candidates will have some business to business phone and email prospecting experience (prospecting to corporate level professionals preferred)
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce) and Marketing Automation systems (e.g. Pardot)
- Demonstrate a willingness and interest to help prospects learn more about the company’s software and to share specifics to support their unique needs
- Possess strong organizational skills, a deadline orientation, a strong work ethic and an attention to detail
- Ability to focus on high-value tasks vs. everything on your list
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone as well as in a collaborative team environment