We engineer and manufacture the world’s finest weapon systems and accessories. We are intensely focused on providing top quality small arms solutions to our military and law enforcement communities as well as to civilians seeking premium rifles for home defense, hunting and sport shooting. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Savannah, Georgia (possible relocation assistance)
As the Manufacturing Technician III,
you will be responsible for the functions outlined below:
In addition to the essential skills of a Manufacturing Tech II as noted above, the Manufacturing Tech III will have these additional essential skills:
- Responsible for demonstrating commitment to and leadership of environmental health and safety principles, policies and procedures.
- Conforms to and operates within the framework of all applicable operator work instructions, SOPs, quality, safety procedures and any items as deemed by your supervisor or management.
- Participates in weekly toolbox meetings on safety and quality issues.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of work area; Keep all machines, tools, and equipment and work surfaces free of oil, grease, etc. Clean and maintain machine, tooling, and fixtures to keep equipment in optimal production condition.
- Properly clock in and out for time and attendance and in and out of work orders.
- Monitor the quality of parts produced in accordance with inspection sheets and work instructions using micrometers, dial indicators, hard gauging and other precision measuring instruments.
- Properly follow and maintain documents such as travel tickets, inspection sheets, preventative maintenance logs and product non-conformance reports and others as determined by management.
- Participates in the company’s efforts to continuously improve in Safety, 6S, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
- Expected to be a contributor to the company standards on high integrity, safety, fair and equitable treatment and a positive work environment
- Work as a member of a team, under general supervision.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Actively contribute to process improvement in assigned areas
- Maintain the quality and production rates of multiple types of parts and diverse equipment through complex machine adjustments and/or cutter or tool changes.
- Ability to safely restart programs to tune complex adjustments and tool changes.
- Ability to understand G-code or other relevant programming languages to anticipate machine action and prevent damage to parts or equipment.
- Gather tooling, perform changeover, and inspect proven jobs using work instructions, tool lists, part prints and verbal instructions.
- Assist Shift Supervisor in the correct training and development of other less experienced operators.
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate or necessary by management
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least 5 years of prior CNC experience or related experience and/or training (preferred in a manufacturing or production environment); or equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to fulfill the requirement of the position.
In addition to the requirements of a Manufacturing Tech II, a Manufacturing Tech III will have these additional knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Ability to decipher and understand basic to complex part prints.
- Must have a level of manual dexterity to perform all job functions.
- May be required to work varying shifts as needed.
- Ability to perform as part of a team and to cooperate and work proactively with others.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new job requirements.
- Great attention to detail and excellent recordkeeping skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work under deadlines and pressure.
- Have successfully completed a certificate level GD&T course.
- Working knowledge of all GD&T concepts.
- Possess an understanding of processes, tooling and work holding that enables contributions to process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work in accordance with our Permission to Play Values.
- It is understood employees may be assigned to other departments, functional groups, and/or shifts as deemed necessary by management
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals, lights/lasers, etc.
Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment as required by your position and/or Company policy.